Register/Login to join the discussion.

Non fiction book recommendations?

Caring for another person can be tiring. At times, carers need to take a break to help them cope and relieve the stress and exhaustion they may feel. Take a break from your caring role in the Hangout Space and ‘recharge the batteries’.

Moderator: Matt (CPC Admin)

Margie_girl
Group: Carer Peer Connect

Non fiction book recommendations?

Unread postby Margie_girl » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:23 am

Hey, I'm looking for a non-fiction book to read. Any suggestions? Open to anything.

Lyn

Re: Non fiction book recommendations?

Unread postby Lyn » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:05 pm

Depends on what you like. If you are into legal thrillers (think Pelican Brief) anything by John Grisham. I'd particularly recommend "The Broker" and "The Whistler". For a lighter read, try his young adult books themed "Theodore Boone". For a more feminine book, many of Danielle Steele's books are lengthy but well written. "Big Girl" is good as is "Honour Thyself". If you can find any of his books, Mark Gimenez writes well and has great characterisation. "Con Law" is a great read. If they're all a bit heavy go the opposite extreme and read a children's picture book: Winnie the Pooh is readily available and Aaron Blabey's "I need a hug" is cute. A great middle of the road, fun, Aussie read is "The Adventures of Blinky Bill". Ask your local librarian, they can be a great help too.

Keith.C
Group: St George Sutherland Parkinson's Support Group - Carers subgroup

Unread postby Keith.C » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:52 pm

I really enjoyed Warren Mundines ‘In black and White’ - well written, informative and taught me many new things about a range of issues

Margie_girl

Unread postby Margie_girl » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:52 pm

Thanks Lyn and Keith for the suggestions :) I will check them out.

jilmrsb

Unread postby jilmrsb » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:09 pm

greasy the robber

Return to “Carer Hangout Space”