Monthly Facilitator Meetup - video link-up
The Carer Peer Connect program runs monthly video-meetings for facilitators of carer support groups. These video-meetings have allowed members to talk openly about the facilitation of their groups and discuss ways to overcome group challenges. The peer support from other carer support group facilitators connects participants from all corners of the state, from Albury and Wagga, to Dubbo and Broken Hill, and up to Tweed Heads.
Each meeting contains an educational component with a new topic each month.
Facilitator tele-meetings provide opportunities for:
- Sharing of new Carer Peer Connect network information.
- Discussing and brainstorming ideas to overcome group challenges.
- Support group facilitator debriefing.
- Support group promotion and networking.
- Peer support from other carers support group facilitators around NSW.
- 10am - 11am Fourth Tuesday of the month.
Upcoming Topics (2020)
February 25th - Attracting members
March 24th - Managing diverse personalities
April 28th - Promoting a carer support group
May 26th - Dealing with conflict in the group
June 23rd - Conducting a Needs Analysis
July 28th - Facilitator burnout
August 25th - Self-care for facilitators
September 22nd - Essential characteristics of an effective carer support group
October 27th - Evaluating a groups aims and objectives
November 24th - 5 stages of group development
To find out more email [email protected]