Monthly Facilitator Meetup - video link-up
The Carer Peer Connect program runs monthly video-meetings for facilitators of carer support groups. These video-meetings have allowed members to talk openly about the facilitation of their groups and discuss ways to overcome group challenges. The peer support from other carer support group facilitators connects participants from all corners of the state, from Albury and Wagga, to Dubbo and Broken Hill, and up to Tweed Heads.
Each meeting contains an educational component with a new theme each month.
Facilitator tele-meetings provide opportunities for:
- Sharing of new Carer Peer Connect network information.
- Discussing and brainstorming ideas to overcome group challenges.
- Support group facilitator debriefing.
- Support group promotion and networking.
- Peer support from other carers support group facilitators around NSW.
- 10am - 11am Fourth Tuesday of the month.
February - Attracting members - click here to watch videos of the session
March - Managing diverse personalities - click here to watch videos of the session
April - Transitioning to an online environment - click here to watch the session
May - Dealing with conflict in the group - click here to watch the discussion (5min)
June - Facilitator burnout - click here to watch the discussion (15min)
To find out more email [email protected]