Keep informed about programs and services for carers.
Carer Gateway 1800 422 737
As part of the 2015-2016 Federal Budget, the Australian Government announced the development of an Integrated Plan for Carer Support Services (the Plan), commencing with the launch of a national phone service and website for all carers: the Carer Gateway.
Following extensive consultation and development, a range of new services will be made available via the Carer Gateway: online, over the phone and in person.
- Online information, peer support and coaching materials are already available at www.carergateway.gov.au
- Phone counselling is available by calling 1800 422 737 or requesting a call back at www.carergateway.gov.au
- Several types of in-person support will be available locally by calling 1800 422 737 from April 2020
For more information:
- Read Fact Sheet 1: What is the Carer Gateway?
- Read Fact Sheet 2: Carer Gateway Service Providers
- Visit the Carer Gateway website or phone the Carer Gateway on 1800 422 737
- Visit the Department of Social Services website
Tom Fink Library
The Tom Fink Library was established in 1996 in memory of Tom Fink, husband of the late Averil Fink who co-founded Carers NSW. The Library provides a free and accessible lending service for all carers. The collection contains a range of books and DVDs, including:
- Self-help material
- Personal narratives, including memoir and biography
- Mental health and psychology titles
- Books on particular conditions and disabilities
Carers can request books by contacting the Library on 1800 242 636 or [email protected] and the library will arrange free return postage at no cost to the carer. The library is also available to the general public who are welcome to browse during business hours.
Library material can be borrowed for a period of three weeks and extensions can be granted upon request.
The library is located within the Carers NSW office in North Sydney:
L10 / 213 Miller Street
For help finding books or DVDs, please telephone 02 9280 4744 or email [email protected].
Newsletters and eNews
Stay up to date with the latest developments for carers.
Stay informed by signing up to receive Carers News, our bi-monthly printed newsletter which is delivered straight to your door.
Carers News features the latest news from inside Carers NSW, carer stories, health and wellbeing articles and regular updates on changes to services and entitlements that impact carers.
The Carers NSW eNews is a monthly newsletter for professionals interested in carer related issues.
Featuring research, policy and best practice, as well as news, publications and information on the latest industry-related training and events, the eBulletin keeps you informed of the latest developments for carers. You can sign up to the eNews online or by contacting our membership officer on [email protected] or 02 9280 4744.
Suggest content for the eNews by contacting [email protected] or 02 9280 4744.
Carers NSW produces brochures describing what we do and forms you can use to access our services or to get involved in other ways.
Carer Peer Connect Flyer
Carers NSW Online Carer Education Flyer
Find a Carer Support Group
Find where your nearest carer support group is.